Yay! I finished my Spring (and probably summer) wreath last night! I love it! Such a fun pop of color on the porch!
Here are the supplies:
I bought all of these from Joann Fabric! The wreath was less than $3, the little 3-pack of H letters was around $1, and the seven 2inch strips of fabric were less than 25cents each, so around $1.75.
I already had the moss on hand from a previous project, but it is $5.99 at Hobby Lobby.
I chose a strip of fabric to represent each color of the rainbow except green, since the enitre wreath was green. I also chose two more neutral fabrics with some color in them.
I followed this awesome rosette tutorial to make my seven rosettes. Sorry, my hands were full and I didn't take any pics! Here they are all finished!
Before I started gluing on the moss I spray painted my little H with Valspar's Exotic Sea. I painted it the same color as my front porch chair so it would match!
Then I got started on the wreath. I read on several blogs that the moss would stick better to the plastic, so I left it on. I should have spray painted the wreath brown beforehand, but I was too impatient so I didn't! Next time maybe. I would grab a chunk of moss, apply a generous amount of hot glue to the wreath, then press it on. I always use lo-temp glue because I got a gnarly hot glue burn when I was little.
I didn't want to glue the rosettes directly to the moss cause I didn't think it would stick well. So I grabbed my felt. After I found the placement I liked on the wreath, I transferred the rosettes onto the felt and hot glued them on.
I cut off the excess felt and hot glued the three rosettes as the base. Then I arranged the smaller rosettes into a pattern I liked and hot glued them to the larger rosettes.
I wanted to make sure the flowers wouldn't fall off (it's been really windy here) so I grabbed a few nails and pierced through the felt and the wreath. Those bad boys are snug now!
I thought about gluing the H onto the rosettes, but I liked it better on the ribbon. The ribbon was left over from some pillows I made. I cut about a 12inx2in strip and tied it around the top of the wreath!
I love! Now I just need to spray paint that ugly red hanger! Knowing me though it will probably stay like that!
This is super messy:
And it's shedding pretty bad too:
I probably should have sprayed it with hairspray so it wouldn't shed as bad. I might end up doing that later! I still love it though!