Image Map

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Wreath!



I'm going to do my FFF tomorrow!  I was just too excited about my wreath not to shar it tonight!

Earlier this week I saw this awesome Burlap Bubble Wreath from The Table.  LOVED IT!  I knew I was going to use this!

I'm not a big fan of the whole Christmas color scheme (yeah, I'm a scrooge).  I wanted a cute, subtle Christmas wreath.

I pretty much followed Sarah's tutorial, except I used a different method for securing the bottom of the bubbles.

I had these old bamboo things from a Christmas grab bag a few years ago.


I glued my burlap squares to these toothpick-like things - first in half, then in half again.


I did this about 4,568,239 times.  Haha - ok, not really, but it was tedious work!

Here is my pule of burlap bubbles!


The Christmas part of the wreath was done using cheap plastic ornaments I found at Goodwill for $1.


I dug into my scrap bin and wrapped pieces of fabric around the ornaments.  I secured them with hot glue and twine.

Once all the pieces were prepped I started arranging them around the wreath.  I was able to just stab them into the straw with the toothpick things.



I think it's cute - not too Christmasy, but just enough!



I have a question for all you pinterest folks.  I don't have a pinterest account, but I regularly check my source page to see what projects are more popular.  For some reason it won't update.  I know I've gotten a few pins since this weekend, but the last pin it shows is from Saturday.  Anybody else ever have this problem?  It's driving me BONKERS!

Well, this is what I did tonight instead of working on my paper.  I'm the queen of procrastination!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers!
Keeping It SimpleAnything RelatedPhotobucketPhotobucket Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHfreckled laundryThe Shabby NestUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket36th Avenue504 Main

12 comments:

  1. I like it! I was wondering how you got the loops so perfect when you posted it on facebook. Mystery solved! Also, for Pinterest I don't have and answer, but a similar problem. I do have a pinterest account, and I can go on there and see every pin that was made from my blog. I was kinda obsessive about checking it, it was really exciting to see that people liked my creations. Anyway, about a month ago the link dissapeared. Gone. I haven't been able to check it since. The most weirdest part is that the link to "see all the other pins from this website" still shows and evey pin, just not the ones from my blog. It's driving me batty. Oh, and how in the world do you not have a Pinterest account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable, katie! i love those wreaths! i saw a muslin rag wreath with some ornies on it yesterday i am thinking of copying ... maybe next year when i have more time... or with pink for valentine's day since i am running out of time!!!! it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Queenie!
    I love this wreath!! It definately looks time consuming but well worth it!
    oh and good luck on your paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wreath. You can take out the bulbs right? This way you would be able to replace them with new items depending on the holiday? what a great idea. How do you NOT have piterest??!! Not really sure why your pins are not showing up. Hope you get it working soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I have TONS of burlap. I need to make one of these! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I seen the picture I wondered how the "leaves" were so perfect looking. So clever. Your wreath is so pretty, and great job. I hope you will consider sharing this with Sunday's Best going on now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! The bright colors make the burlap look modern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how do you think of this stuff????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these bubble wreaths, but I haven't seen one with "ornaments" before. Yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute wreath, I can see why you are so excited to share!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    Visiting from My Romantic Home linky party,
    Suzanne in NW Illinois

    PS- I'm the second "Suzi/Suzy" in a row to comment...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your wreath! Where do get you the the toothpick-like things?

    I'd love for you to come over and link up for my Friday Favorites party!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your sweet comments! If you don't hear back from me, make sure your no-reply setting is disabled! I always write back!