Image Map

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Birdie Purse!


I showed a picture of this adorable bird purse from Altar'd State back in September.


I fell in love with this purse as soon as I saw it, but for $70 there was no way I was going to buy it.  I finally got around to making my own version.

The entire purse was less than $10 to make.  I bought the exterior fabric from a $2 scrap bin, and I splurged on the interior fabric which was $10/yard.  I used about 1/2 yard of each.






This is the first project I made using my new sewing machine! I love it!  This is the first time I've used any stitching besides a straight stitch.



It's difficult to photograph the inside.  One side has a long pocket with a little pocket on front.  On the other side I stitched down the middle of the pocket to make two smaller pockets. 

The yellow pocket was made using leftover fabric from my chevron pillow.





I have a big research paper due soon, so I may be absent for a week or two.  Wish me luck! I hate writing research papers!

Hope you all have a great week!


Cheers!
Keeping It SimpleAnything RelatedPhotobucketPhotobucket Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHfreckled laundryThe Shabby Nestbutton+FTF.jpgUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket504 Main

23 comments:

  1. Unfreakin believable!! I'm want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...yes please!! I'll take it! It's sooo cute! Great job! Man, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgoodness - this is so so cute.
    must try one day......
    c x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is so amazing! What a great job you did! Someday I will learn how to do this... I will I will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie I love it! I love the birdie! But I must confess, the lining is my favorite!! Well worth the splurge! You are getting really handy on that sewing machine! What kind did you end up getting? I added one to my Christmas wish list. Hope Santa can deliver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you did such a great job. I LOVE the fabric on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and whimsical! I love the embroidery detail on the bird. You really rocked this purse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, my daughter would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I LOVE it! The colors are wonderful - and you chose very well with the lining fabric :) Very impressive recreation!
    Lindsay
    www.craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! You make me sick. LOL
    Love it. You are so talented =)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I Love it! The bird is so sweet, but I also adore the yo-yo flower and embroidery. You choice of lining fabric was well worth the extra expense too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable bag! Yours turned out way cuter than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! It's so bright and fun, and ...wonderful.:) Ilove it.
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did fantastic!! I love this purse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is adorable!! I own an Etsy shop, SophistiCATEd Posies, and noticed I had several people link to my store from your blog, so I decided to check it out. I would love to send you a thank you and see if you would like to do a giveaway for your readers. Let me know if you are interested!!

    Thanks, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling Katie, way to go for making it for $10, very frugal! Good luck with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it....I often look at things and think "I could make that" and so never buy it...problem is I never get around to actually doing it! I just found you through the freckled laundry, love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. okay, the word crap must be removed from this blog if you're going to continue to post this non-crappy stuff. really. new name. maybe "sewtastic" or "formerly known as crap" or.... well, it's your problem. i gotta go learn to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love!!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    You've been featured at this week's party! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  20. that bag is over-the-top awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your sweet comments! If you don't hear back from me, make sure your no-reply setting is disabled! I always write back!