This is a side by side I took after the first coat of paint.
I used my Purdy for the first coat, but honestly it just wasn't doing it for me. So I switched to a cheap-o foam brush for the second coat. For this project, it worked great!
I moved the studio inside since it has been so cool outside. Unfortunately I wasn't done before the hubby got home, so he was a little upset. Usually I finish before he gets home and I hide all the evidence! = )
Here they are the next morning with two coats on them. Depending on the lighting, and the time of day they kind of change colors.
After they hubby left for work today I got started sanding. Yuck. First off, I should have just used one coat of paint. It would have been so much easier to sand through. Second off, I don't think I will ever do a project like this again. I'd rather have a ginormous dresser with nice broad, flat surfaces!
My hands are unhappy. You can really only see one jagged nail here, but I have cracked nails and scratches all over my fingers.
Then SLOWLY moved my way down. It took me about three hours to sand them all. Here they are so far.
They remind of this photo, which was kind of my inspiration.
Now all I have left to do is rub Mini-wax stain all over them and put on a coat of poly. Once the stain is on the wood will pop more and the yellow will be more subtle. Plus they'll look older and dirtier. Just the way I like em.