Image Map

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Coffee Hugger!


Let me preface this post by saying I don't have a sewing machine (yet)! So I had to hand sew this, thus the ghettoness of it! =)

Joann Fabric was having a red tag sale on some fabric this weekend so I picked up 1/4 yard of four different fabrics!  I wanted to play with my new goodies, so I decided to make a coffee hugger! I looked online and found this tutorial to follow.

Here are all the goodies I needed:


I didn't have a starbucks hugger so I wrapped a piece of paper around my smoothie king cup and trimmed it until it was the right size.

Then I cut out the fabric leaving about 1/2 in excess.  I wanted a cute embellishment on the hugger, so I used my new fabric.  I sewed it on one of the strips of plain fabric in an accordian fashion.  It's kinda crooked and wacky but I like it!


Then I pinned a 4 1/2 in strip of elastic so that it pointed inwards and sewed the two pieces of fabric right side together.

After I was done I flipped the pieces right side out and stitched the remaining side shut.  I added a button for the elastic to wrap around and I was done!





Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

I finally got to go yardsaling and found a BUNCH of treasures!  More to come on those soon!


***I edited to add in these photos! I finally treated myself to a cup of coffee and my hugger fits great! Works good too! Probably doesn't absorb as much heat as the Starbucks hugger, but my hands are sensitive and I can handle it!***




Cheers!
Keeping It SimpleBoogieboard CottageDomestically SpeakingAnything RelatedTuesday To Do PartyPhotobucketmommahenscoopPhotobucketSomewhat Simple Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHSuzy's Artsy Craftsy SitcomPhotobucketFurniture Feature Fridaysfreckled laundryThe Shabby Nestbutton+FTF.jpgDesigner GardenThe DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket36th Avenue504 Main

29 comments:

  1. I love this! What a cute little project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you have SO much patience to be sewing by hand Katie!! This is so cute. Vie been meaning to make some of these since last year! It's been added to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, great job! I can't believe you attempted that by hand sewing! I've been wanting to make one for a while now -I'll have to reference yours. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! This would make a great gift, and I don't think there's anything ghetto about this at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've noticed a few cozies, but the button and elastic allow for adjustable fit. I'd love to have one for my tall ceramic handle free coffe mugs.
    I really admire your link party button collection at the bottom of your post. Wondering how they are all the same size and arranged. I've tried to copy and paste the button codes, of course they come out all different sizes, some in he center some left or right justified. Is there a tool you use?
    Anyways, thank you for sharing,
    Via Sumo's Sweet Stuff
    Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for posting this! I have two girlfriends who are definitely getting these from Christmas! Thanks so much for the great post! I'm your newest follower from the "Made with Love" hop. Stop by my blog if you get a chance. Its still new but I've got a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I wish I drank coffee or my hubby would tolerate carrying this... I am dying to make one!

    Lesley
    craftingismytherapy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I wish I had time to drink more coffee... I always get busy with the kids, then the coffee gets cold, then its too hot outside!

    Thanks for linking up this week to Craft and Tell!!

    Ashley
    www.cherishedbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! I will have to try making myself one some time! Thanks!!

    natsknapsack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think it looks ghetto at all, wonderful job hand-sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! WAY cute! And I would have to sew by hand too ;)))

    We host a linky party “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday. This would be a perfect link up! Please feel free to add it :) We appreciate it! Thanks for sharing!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super Cute! I love the Ruffle! I can't wait to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I've been thinking about making these for my etsy shop.I like the button feature-I haven't seen that before. Know what might work even better than the elastic you used? A hair elastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute and very nice tutorial, something I need to get better at!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute! Love it and coffee, ha ha. Thanks for linkin up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute and clever. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that big button! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very Cute! Thank you for linking with Air Your Laundry Friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a cute idea! I couldn't tell that you hand stitched it- it looks really great. The ruffles are so fun. I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh, I want one!! ;) SO cute!!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    You'll be featured tomorrow! ;) Come grab a button!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  22. SUPER cute...I've been wanting to make these for a while! I'm impressed you made this without a sewing machine too! :)

    Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is sooooo cool...I am not crafty at all, but this is neat. I just had to comment! Here from Friday's link up at My Romantic Home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just popping over from $20 Below Thursday! I LOVE this!! I am so making these as Christmas gifts this year:) Thanks for the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so sweet Katie~ I am loving it! Thanks for linking up at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great job on the coffee hugger! Thanks so much for linking to the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all your sweet comments! If you don't hear back from me, make sure your no-reply setting is disabled! I always write back!