Image Map

Friday, March 25, 2011

Hoppy Spring!


Hooray for Spring! Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons... you get to see all of the changing scenery and the weather is just perfect (usually)!

I've been making some bright changes to get ready for Spring and warm afternoons on the porch!  After I transformed the blue chair for my front porch I decided to do the Adirondack chairs on the back porch.  I went to Lowes to get the same blue spray paint... AND THEY WERE OUT!! *Small tear*

There was a shade of blue next to it that was not quite as brilliant, but the hubby liked it better so I went with it.  True to Spring, it was crazy windy outside and I was in a race against impending rain.

I worked on this project over Spring Break and had to get it done, so I couldn't just wait for a later time.  So I did what any respectable person would do.  I spray painted under my back porch.


I will NEVER do this again! LOL! My poor little back hurt so bad from bending over for almost an hour, and I whacked my head on the wood beam real good at least once.

But it worked.. for the most part being under the porch blocked a lot of the wind and I was able to finish my chairs.  I was working on some iron chairs as well, so I had two separate projects going on.  Here they all are before:


The solid white iron chair was given to me by my Father-In-Law, and the white and green iron chair was saved from the dump by my Sister-In-Law!

I adore the adirondack chairs now... the hubby approves too!





Don't laugh too hard at my plant.  It's not really dead, it's one of those pretty brown plants! ;)

It did nothing but RAIN for at least three days after I finished them, but they have held up just fine!



I was in a HUGE rush to finish my iron chairs, so I was bad and didn't take many in between shots.  You can see one of them in the back of this picture with the wood seat cut out.


After they were spray painted I had to trace out the pattern for the seat.  I used wood I had left over from my bookcase project.  It is similar to the wood I used on my $5 wall art.


Because it is so thin I cut out two circles using my jigsaw so they would be thick enough.  After the circles were cut out I glued them together with my gorilla glue and used a hand-held staple gun to staple on the batting and fabric.

They now sit on opposite corners of the back porch:



I'm loving my back porch and the weather!! Now I just need some beautiful flowers (not the brown kind)!

Cheers!!

Linking to these parties!
Debbiedoos Color Party!

41 comments:

  1. Great transformations, love the colour of the chairs. I did chuckle over your special brown plant lol. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding job on the chairs. love that blue so crisp and clean looking.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chairs, and the adrondicks are fantastic, love the color choice.
    Have a great weekend.
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW now the chairs are so pretty, love that color. Have a great weekend, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loves them...they scream Happy come sit on me. Thanks for joining my color partay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your blue adirondak chairs. I love that shade too! I also admire your dedication to get them done, under such dire circumstances! They are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i love those iron chairs! the seats are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great color! Do you remember what it was called? I love those iron chairs too. The fabric you used is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great! It's so funny that I posted Adirondack chairs today too! :) I love the look of them!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love adirondack chairs and I LOVE the new color of yours! Thanks for sharing! Found you over at DIY Showoff.
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great chairs! And I love garages full of furniture getting painted, just like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the colors you used for the andirondack chairs. The fabric you used for the seats is very cute to! Visiting from Sew Chatty.
    -Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bright, fun aqua color! And the fabric is perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love the colors!! Great job, you should totally throw a party to show off how cute your porch is now :) Visting from the DIY party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new pretty punch of color! Great job! If snow would ever stop being in our forecast, I'd be able to think about the patio. Impatiently waiting. lol Love what you're doing and look forward to seeing more!

    Thanks for linking up to the DIY Project Parade! ;)
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  16. This set is so cheerful! I love the colour and fabric you picked :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those iron chairs! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The chairs are awesome. Love that color. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! These chairs are totally amazing! I LOVE the color. It screams SPRING!! Thanks so much for sharing this and gfor linking up to the handamade hog:)

    xoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! These chairs are totally amazing! I LOVE the color. It screams SPRING!! Thanks so much for sharing this and gfor linking up to the handamade hog:)

    xoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  21. All four chairs are totally gorgeous!! I looooooove the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my!!! what a gorgeous color!!! my favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty blue color! Thanks for linking this up to Wicked Awesome wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. K, so I finally caught up on your blog. You've done a lot since I got to check last! Great job! I love the chairs, the colors great. And the metal chairs!! I love them! I love the fabric you chose, you did an amazing job.
    And your chalkboard turned out great too. You're so good at coming up w/ those acurate measurements, w/ the calendar and your bookcase. Great job!!! Can't wait to see more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. GREAT job! I love the shade of blue you chose for the adirondacks ... such a happy color! Fun fabric, too. *Becca*

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. GREAT job! I love the shade of blue you chose for the adirondacks ... such a happy color! Fun fabric, too. *Becca*

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing what a big change a little spray paint can make. Your chairs ROCK! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE that blue paint! :) Btw... I have a few special-brown-plants too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE them!! I painted my chairs a few years ago a navy color. They need to be redone and I want a brighter punch of color but just not sure which color to go with.
    Great job! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the transformation! I feel for ya with the whole head whacking thing. I usually hurt myself in some way when doing anything! What is the name of the color you used? I really like that!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The pop of color is beautiful on those adirondacks - visiting you from Feathered Nest Friday. xoxo, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the fabric you used. Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the transformations of your chairs. The fabrics you used for the iron chairs are lovely and the new color for the wood ones suit spring just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these makeovers. Adirondack chairs always make me think of warm weather. Happy Friday Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love them. They all came out great. I wanted some Adirondack chairs in the same color.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the blue Katie~ Absolutely bold and beautiful!! Well done! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovin these chairs! You remind me of me (spraypainting regardless of weather)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the blue chairs and the little chairs too!
    So springy and colorful!
    great job!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  39. You've been featured this week at my Hookin Up with HoH Party!

    Please feel free to stop by and grab a button if you'd like!

    ~Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete

I love all your sweet comments! If you don't hear back from me, make sure your no-reply setting is disabled! I always write back!