Image Map

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Big News!

Hey folks!  There's a lot of excitement in la casa de Katie today!

My antique harlequin desk sold!


It was rainy here today so I brought the desk into my living room for her to look at.  She walked in and stared at Barney, then asked if it was for sale too.

Why yes, actually, I just put it on Craigslist yesterday!  She wanted BOTH!  SOLD!

The icing on the cake?  She just moved here two days ago from Rome (I know, right!) and now the only furniture she has is the desk, dresser, and a bed! She asked if I would like to refinish some more pieces for her empty home! Would I?! Please and thank you!



So now that I have the money and space, I'm going to refinish a dresser for that spot.  I just called today and left a message.  But I'm hoping this little beauty is still available.  If so, it's going to be my new dresser/buffet in the living room! I have big plans!

(Picture from Craigslist ad)

In addition to this dresser, I'll be working on this little cutie for a friend who just bought her first home Friday!  Orignially she was interested in my harlequin desk, but we decided to sell that and refinish a custom desk for her new home!

This desk fits her personality perfectly!  As long as the dimensions are appropriate this baby is ours!

(Picture from Craigslisit ad)

Next, I have a BRILLIANT idea for my antique door!  I'm sooooooo excited!  I think you all will love it too!  Let's just hope it works out how I have it in my head!

And lastly I'll be refinishing a dresser for my mother-in-law.  Her birthday was this past Monday.  There is a second larger dresser that I told her I would refinish for her Christmas present! I love getting to refinish furniture for gifts!  It's cost-efficient for me, custom for whomever gets it, and functional! It's win-win for everyone!

Needless to say I'm overjoyed right now!  Mama needed some money (being a grad student aint easy) and now I finally have a ton of fun projects and some cash flow! Just in time for break!

I'll be crazy busy, but I'll be busy doing something I love, not studying!

Speaking of studying, guess I better start! I have six finals in the next three days! Wish me luck! =)

Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. That is awesome! So many bright things to look forward to for ya. I know how it is to go to school and balance a family. Good luck on your finals! I just finished last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd sell it!! Congrats! Two pieces!! And to an awesome chic lady from Rome? Couldn't go to a more awesome home! So glad you got a new "client". Hurry and finish your finals so you can party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I love the desk! Looking for one just like that for my daughters room makeover! You did a fantastic job! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is all great news!!! :-)
    Very cool ... how exciting!
    ~Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is all great news!!! :-)
    Very cool ... how exciting!
    ~Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. Take a breath!!! I can almost hear your exasperation!!! (sp?, lol) So happy for you and your success!! My yellow console table is happy for you too!!! Can't wait to see all the new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! That is awesome!
    You should be proud, and happy and excited, lord knows I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! Lucky girl who got that beauty!!! sounds like you are going to be BUSY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies! I'm super excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS desk...LOVE that yellow!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your sweet comments! If you don't hear back from me, make sure your no-reply setting is disabled! I always write back!